You have just found the perfect handbag for you, and you are eager to share it with your friends and the world! There is nothing more fun than shopping for something that you love and can’t wait to use. You feel amazing when you wear a new pair of shoes or carry a new handbag for the first time.
Always keep your handbag safe, whether you are strolling the streets of Rome or visiting crowded places like Milano Centro. You feel confident when you show off your latest purchase. But unfortunately, not everyone is happy for you. There are some people who want to spoil your happiness and steal your handbag from you. That’s why you need to learn how to keep your handbag safe from thieves. In this article, we will give you some tips on how to do that.
So what can you do to keep your handbag safe from thieves? We have compiled a list of easy guidelines to make sure your handbag stays out of the hands of thieves.
How to Keep Your Handbag Safe from Thieves
1. Always hide your bag when in the car.
It sounds surprising, but according to national crime statistics, handbag theft from cars outstripped street “snatch” crimes by 5:1 in 2007, which goes to show what an easy target an unattended bag can be.
Whenever you are in the car, always put your handbag well out of sight. Even if you are still in the car or driving, keep your handbag safe and hidden to avoid it becoming an easy target for the opportunist thief.
It almost goes without saying, but it happens time and time again. Never leave your handbag on display when you have left your car. Even a fancy locking system and a loud car alarm won’t stop a thief from snatching your bag, so always keep your handbag out of sight.
2. Hold your handbag away from the traffic
Wherever possible, always make it hard for the opportunist thief. Many handbag thefts occur when passing motorists snatch them from the arms of pedestrians, so eliminate this prospect altogether by simply wearing your handbag on the other shoulder—a simple yet effective safety tip!
3. Be watchful in bars, clubs, and restaurants.
Whatever happened to the sight of women dancing around their handbags?! Maybe someone noticed how easy it was to steal the handbag in question, or maybe someone else noticed how stupid it looked. Either way, from a safety point of view, it’s probably for the best.
Once again, this tip comes straight from the school of common sense safety, but whenever you’re out on the town, always keep your handbag in sight. The combination of booze and an unattended handbag may prove too much for even the most part-time thieves, so don’t give them the chance and keep hold of your bag.
Also, be wary of anyone who offers to check your handbag or belongings into a cloakroom, as this is an all-too-easy scam to fall for. If you want your belongings checked in, check them into a secure area yourself.
4. Be careful with your body bags.
They may seem like the perfect solution, but bags with straps over the body could cause you more harm than good. The eagle-eyed thief is more likely to have noticed the bag than the strap, meaning that it doesn’t provide the preventative measures you would hope. It also means that should anyone attempt to steal it, they’ll get more than they bargained for when you’re dragged along with it, which could lead to you being injured.
We’re obviously not saying don’t wear handbags across the body, but do be aware that they don’t provide the immunity from being snatched that you would hope.
5. If in doubt, just let it go.
As hard as it is to accept, if you are going to be in any danger when it comes to keeping hold of your bag, just let it go. Despite a new handbag being something you fall in love with, it’s not worth risking your safety to keep it.
With the high price of a quality handbag and the value of the items that you keep in it (phones, wallets, credit cards, etc.), it is likely that your handbag is worth more than you think. But it is not worth more than your life. So if you have to choose between your handbag and your safety, always choose your safety.
Where to buy a handbag and how to choose the right one for you
Now that you know how to protect yourself and your handbag from thieves, you may be wondering where to buy a handbag and how to choose the right one for you. Here are some tips and suggestions to help you find the perfect handbag for your style and needs.
- First, decide what kind of handbag you want. Do you want a small clutch for a night out, a medium-sized tote for everyday use, or a large backpack for traveling? Think about what you need to carry in your handbag and how often you will use it.
- Next, choose a color and a material that suit your personality and your wardrobe. Do you prefer a classic black leather handbag, a colorful canvas handbag, or a trendy faux fur handbag? Think about what colors and fabrics you like and what matches your outfits.
- Then, look for a handbag that has the features and quality that you want. Do you want a handbag that has a zipper, a snap, or a drawstring closure? Do you want a handbag that has multiple pockets, compartments, or dividers? Do you want a handbag that is durable, easy to clean, or water-resistant? Think about what features and quality you want and what you are willing to pay for them.
- Finally, shop around for the best deal and the best service. You can buy a handbag from a variety of places, such as online stores, department stores, boutiques, or thrift shops. Compare the prices, the selection, the shipping, and the return policies of different sellers. Read the reviews and ratings of other customers, and ask for recommendations from your friends and family. Think about where you can get the best value and the best experience for your money.
There are some online stores that sell good-quality handbags.
To help you get started, here are some links to some online stores that sell handbags. You can browse their collections and see their prices and ratings. These are just some examples, and you can always search for more options online.
- Amazon is one of the largest and most popular online retailers in the world. You can find a wide range of handbags from different brands, styles, and prices on Amazon. You can also read the customer reviews and ratings and see the best sellers and the deals of the day. Amazon offers free shipping and returns for Prime members and has customer service that is available 24/7.
- Nordstrom is a high-end department store that sells handbags from various designer labels, such as Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Coach, and Tory Burch. You can find handbags that are elegant, fashionable, and luxurious on Nordstrom. You can also read the customer reviews and ratings and see the new arrivals and sale items. Nordstrom offers free shipping and returns and has customer service that is available by phone, chat, or email.
- Etsy is an online marketplace that sells handbags from independent sellers, artists, and crafters. You can find handbags that are unique, handmade, and personalized on Etsy. You can also read the customer reviews and ratings and see the best sellers and the editor’s picks. Etsy offers various shipping and return options, depending on the seller, and has customer service that is available by email or phone.
Choosing Anti-theft Bags over Designers
One of the best ways to keep your handbag safe from thieves is to choose a handbag that has anti-theft features. Anti-theft bags are designed to prevent or deter thieves from stealing your bag or the items inside it. Some of the common features of anti-theft bags are:
- Cut-resistant materials and straps: These make it hard for thieves to slash your bag or cut the straps and run away with it.
- Lockable zippers and clasps: These make it difficult for thieves to open your bag and access your belongings without your notice.
- Hidden or concealed pockets and compartments: These make it easy for you to store your valuables and keep them out of sight from prying eyes.
- RFID-blocking technology: This prevents thieves from scanning your credit cards, passports, or other electronic devices and stealing your personal information.
There are many anti-theft bags available on the market, but not all of them are equally effective or suitable for your needs. To help you find the best anti-theft bag for you, we have searched the web and found some of the top-rated and most popular options. Here are some of our recommendations:
This is our best overall pick for an anti-theft bag. It is a compact and stylish crossbody bag that has a spacious main compartment and several pockets and slots for your essentials. It has a cut-resistant strap, lockable zippers, a hidden pocket, and RFID-blocking technology. It also has a loop that you can attach to a fixed object for extra security. It is made of recycled polyester and comes in four colors: black, navy, olive, and sandstone.
This is our best budget pick for an anti-theft bag. It is a small and lightweight shoulder bag that has a roomy main compartment, a front organizer with card slots, and a zippered pocket. It has a slash-resistant strap, lockable zippers, a hidden pocket, and RFID-blocking technology. It also has an LED light that you can use in the dark. It is made of nylon and comes in 14 colors: black, blue, brown, burgundy, gray, green, khaki, navy, olive, purple, red, stone, teal, and wine.
This is our best pick for an anti-theft backpack that is suitable for work and play. It is a versatile and innovative backpack that has a solar-powered USB charger, a Bluetooth speaker, and a combination lock. It has a laptop compartment, a secret pocket, and RFID-blocking technology. It also has a drop-proof and water-resistant design. It is made of recycled ocean plastic and comes in two colors: black and gray.
Your safety is more important than your handbag
In conclusion, to keep your handbag safe is second only to your personal safety because your handbag is just a fashion accessory. It may carry all your valuable personal belongings and your identity. Always remember, “first things first.” You should always protect yourself and your handbag from thieves who want to take them away from you. By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your new handbag without worrying about losing it or getting hurt. Remember, your safety is more important than your handbag, so always be careful and alert when you are out and about.